Friday, April 2, 2010

It's Been Awhile, I Know

Okay, I haven't dropped completely off the face of the Earth, but some days it certainly feels like it.  I was looking back and couldn't believe I hadn't updated for two whole months!  I know we were busy, but believe it or not, I had to go back and look at my planner just to see what we have been up to.  Yikes!

T was coaching junior high girls basketball the last time I posted and is now firmly into baseball.  AT was potty trained, but has had numerous set back days.  He has experienced falling off his trike on the pavement (not the first time I am sure).   AD has grown a few more teeth and just yesterday had her first major bike wipeout for the season.  AJ has been so busy this spring that I think that may account for my lapse in writing.  She started with basketball in January and then went into volleyball.  I was asked to help with coaching her team since her coach was busy for a few weeks.  While I loved it, it sure kept us all busy and running crazy.  She just finished volleyball and now both her and AD are headed into baseball.  Spring time is a busy time for us.  AJ finished second at the freethrow contest she participated in at the start of March.

As for me, still plodding through my Master's classes and working.  I subbed a lot in March and boy did it throw us all off.  Just more proof we have a lot of adjusting to do so I can go back to work full-time eventually.  I haven't had much time in my sewing room or even reading, but I know I will get that time soon enough.

Spring Break:  We were supposed to head to the coast this week, but AT was sick and we decided to go ahead and cancel.  Although the girls were disappointed, it has worked out okay.  Specially since I have heard it was rainy the whole time and snow in the mountains between here and there.  I guess maybe we were meant to stay home.

Event highlights:  The girls and I went to cheer on their "big sister" AP in the Junior Miss competition.  We had never gone before and it was a lot of fun.  The theme was disco so a lot of 70's music and wacky costumes.  AP did a great job and she made it into the top 5 finalists!  We were so excited for her.  I think she gets to ride the Jr Miss float this summer.  She will be so busy.  The girls loved watching the whole experience and commented on how they can't wait to do it (yeah me). 

AJ, AP, AD at Junior Miss 2010

I guess that's what I know.  Hopefully I can get back on track and keep you all posted better this time.

No comments: