Saturday, April 10, 2010

Healthy and Tired

Well AT finally is healthy again.  What a relief!  We pretty much stayed home this whole week so that he could kick this bug he's had.  I have to work Mon-Wed this next week so I really needed him to better so he could go to daycare.  It will be a busy week because the girls start their baseball games this week as well.  I will be so glad when Fri 3 pm rolls around!  Mom & Dad are coming up next weekend, too, so another reason to be excited for next Fri.

T and I went to town last night (for dinner and groceries- like that:  not dinner and a movie, dinner and groceries.  What an exciting life we lead!).  Anyway, we scored a huge deal on some 8' poplar trees.  Since we weren't sure that any of trees from last year survived out front, we needed more.  We really need that windbreak when those winds kick up.  So we spent this morning cleaning up the front area again.  Had the wind not been blowing, there would have been quite the bonfire as tumbleweeds and weeds in general would have went up in smoke.  However, we didn't want to risk lighting the neighborhood on fire, hence the large pile of weeds in our front area. 

After lunch, T had to finish up some stuff on the rental so AT and I headed back outside (the girls went to a friends house for the afternoon).  I managed to get the broken trampoline torn apart and in the trash.  I also had to do the bi-annual broken toys search across the backyard.  There are always those toys that just don't make it through the winter and summer, so occasionally I get to trash them as well.  Transplanted some flowers due to some things we are hoping to do later this summer.  All I can say at this stage in the day is I am exhausted, going to call my chiropractor for an appointment due to all the gardening, lifting, and weeding, but I am really pleased with how much progress we made today.  Which is good, because tomorrow I probably won't be able to walk (and I have a paper to write) so I might not accomplish as much!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: