Monday, April 19, 2010

What a Great Week!

This last week had me working three days in a row, but four out of the five.  We have a long way to go for me or anyone else in this household for mom to go back to work full-time.  While there are days I love being at work, around adult conversations, and junior high interactions, there are still times when I love being in control of what I want to or need to do that day.  Thurs was a nice day off, even though it was spent running to town to stock up for the weekend and into this week. 

Wed was a great day though.  We officially signed the papers to sell our rental house.  This has been four years (at least) in the making.  We are so glad to be just home owners instead of landlords.  Don't get me wrong, we have had good tenants and no major problems so we are thankful for that.  However, I am in no hurry to go through that experience again.  Wed was definitely the high point of the week!

To top the week off, Mom and Dad wandered up to spend the weekend with us.  Dad had some business to take care of so they decided to come our way.  I love when they come up.  We always have a lot of fun.  Somehow something always ends up getting done, too.  Dad has way more knowledge than T or I so he helped us with a light in the kitchen.  Weird to think, but the kitchen never had a central light.  Just lots of under the counter lights.  We just called it an early birthday present for me ;-)

While Mom and Dad were here, they wanted to celebrate the kids' birthdays since we probably won't see them until the end of May or in the summer.  (The girls' birthdays are a ways off, but they like to see the kids open their presents.)  So this is round one of birthday pictures!
So cute and hard to believe they are growing up this fast!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: