Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Busy Semester Break

Yesterday was the last day of staying home and vegging for me.  Although I did finish the pink quilt so it didn't feel much like vegging.  I did like the finished product though.


It certainly plays tricks on your eyes.  It didn't turn out very big, either; only 28" X 41".  If I were to do the pattern again, I would definitely add a fifth row, maybe even sixth.  It is a great pattern for using up scraps, although I kind of matched these scraps so I'm not sure if it should be considered a "scrap" quilt.  But it did slim down some more of my "collection." 

I ended up having to add the pink border just to make it a little larger.  I absolutely love the back and have been waiting for a quilt to use this on.  For some reason, it just felt right.

Well, my semester break is over as of tomorrow so that means back to reading educational materials and writing papers.  No more quilting or leisurely reading for awhile.  (In addition to the quilt, I finished two books for fun!)  Ah well, it was nice while it lasted!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: