Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Relaxing Sunday

I was reminded of the days when my kids used to take naps today.  AT decided to take a nap (after a 4 hr one yesterday!) and T took the girls & Gpa fishing.  That left me with a few hours to myself!  I had started a quilt top on Fri and had worked on it a little yesterday as well.  It's not exactly finished (probably needs one more border because it's awful small) but voila:


I wish I was keeping this one because it is so cute.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  The colors are more pinkish but from a distance it looks red.  Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it sure has felt good to be quilting again!


This picture shows the colors a little better.  Little by little I will whittle (down my stash!)

And while I was sewing, the might fishermen (and kids) were busy reeling in the fish.  They kept four and this dandy above was caught by AD on the first cast of the day.  It was the biggest fish of the day and since it was the first one, it sure got their expectations up.  Sadly, the rest did not measure up to this one.  Way to go AD!

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Beautiful quilt!!! Can't wait to see it finished. Fishing sounds fun. Sadly, my kids haven't gone for a couple of years.