Sunday, April 19, 2009

warm weather & work

Okay so the warmer weather hits and while I enjoy it, sometimes I loathe it because that means yard work! Yard work reminds me of laundry, doing dishes, cleaning, and making meals. It's neverending and constantly needing attention and one more thing on my list of things to do. Now, don't get me wrong, I love a clean house & dishes (a little more sanitary for eating of course), clean clothes (that's a bonus to people who meet you I suppose) and a nice looking yard. However, I'm starting to look for things with a sense of completion to them. (Like reading a book, quilting, doing puzzles.) I know it sounds like I love my hobbies and despise my chores, but can't I have a 2 yr old moment for a few seconds? We all know I'll end up doing it anyway eventually. (I said eventually, not immediately.)

That being said, yard work does start to pay off eventually (there's that word again). T has been wanting to do something with the little (ha ha ha not so little once you start working on it!) patch of grass (more like weeds) between the roads for a few years. Well, he started burning tumbleweeds the other day and we finally finished pulling weeds & burning today. The plan is to plant trees for a windbreak and maybe some grass. It's no longer a fire hazard. It certainly looks better than it did and you can tell it's not as brown as it was. We are slowly making progress.

The picture is not the greatest, but it looks so amazing considering how it's looked for the last 4 years. (The cool thing about this picture is I took 3 pictures of the front with my camera and the software that came with it managed to merge all three pictures into one!)
Yesterday was a double header and it was really nice weather. It's so hard to keep the kids from getting sunburned. We found out yesterday that Jake's (our dog) father lives right across the street from where he was yesterday. In fact, his sister happened to be visisting as well. Kind of cool since we haven't seen any dogs from the litter or his parents since we got him (he'll be 3 in May). Hoping to get some pix of them before they leave to go back to OR.
I guess I don't know too much else. I'm going to be sore tonight, I'm sure. Lugging stuff out to the games yesterday and pulling weeds and burning today is going to do a number on me. Good news is I should sleep like a baby. So should the kids for that matter since they've been outside the last two days non-stop. Here's to fresh air!
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Countrylivn' said...

We have the green 2000 Ford F250 for sale that you commented about. It has 109 K miles, it is AT, loaded, It has a really big interior which we loved, it could fit all of your kids easily. we are asking 8,000, but are totally negotiable. email me if you have any more ?'s. mijkennielson@hotmail.com
Thanks for asking! Mijken