Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted last. I'd like to say nothing new has happened, but in all that time, something must have! (Right?) I think we've just been so busy the last few weeks that I haven't had time to sit down and keep everyone up to date.

The girls had cheer camp two Saturdays ago, but my pics of them turned out horrible. The gym lighting is hard to figure and my old camera doesn't do well in there. I got a new camera (after cheer camp) and I just now got it figured out to download pics. (Not that I couldn't do it, just took me a while TO do it, if you know what I mean?) Keep your fingers crossed that the new one will be better.

AJ finished a reading program of reading 600 minutes to earn a free ticket to an amusement park. She is a speed reader (like her mom and her gpa) and finished it in no time. AD is taking a little bit longer, but being she doesn't quite read yet, it's a little harder for her.

I've finished three more quilts. I have to put the finishing touches on one, but here are the other two. I call the one my cheater quilt because it was one of those already quilted panels and all you have to do is add the binding. However, I am not good at binding so at our retreat in Jan/Feb, I had one of the ladies show me how to do it. I didn't do great, but I didn't do bad.



Looks like it should be a baby quilt for a baby born on the 4th of July, don't ya think?


This last one turned out pretty good. I love the colors and it's surprising because I wouldn't have thought they would look good together. I have another quilt with these same fabrics that I just have to bind. I have yet one more that I can make out of this same fabrics, too. It's amazing what scrap fabrics can do when they are put together.


Front (above) & Back (below)

I hand quilted this one and I believe it's about 36X36. I pieced the back (something I'd been seeing others do). However, I think piecing the back looks better when the main fabric is a solid. I'm not sure mine looks right even though the pieced portion is the same as the fabric from the front. Still a nice looking quilt and I was pleased with it.
Well, I'll try to do a little better job of keeping up-to-date. Counting the days until spring & baseball starts. AJ has volleyball starting this next week. They decided to do 4th-6th grade vball in the spring when no one was using the gym. Not a bad idea, however, we will go right from vball into little league and all of T's games. T should have a really good team this year. It will be fun to watch them.
I'm looking outside as I type and the sun is shining and it's making me wish it was spring already. Even though the robins have shown up, I don't think Mother Nature has gotten the memo that we are all ready for spring to come and winter to go away. I'm already thinking summer, too! What silly thoughts when it's a sunny day, huh?
Enjoy your day!

No comments: