Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Home with the Kids

Well, I did end up subbing yesterday. They called and I have such a hard time saying no. However, when they called AGAIN last night for today I found my voice and turned them down. Phew! I'd like to say my family can't handle me working full time yet, but I think it's more I'm not ready yet. Hats off to those who do it! You have my full respect because you have so much to juggle on your plate and you do it wonderfully. I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but right now the working part-time is enough for me.

I have two kids home today. The slap-cheek or Fifth's Disease that AD had has now reached the other two. AJ decided to stay home today (although she went to school yesterday). The problem with this virus is that once the rash shows up you are no longer contagious. (You don't look real good, but you are no longer contagious.) There wasn't even any symptoms in any of the kids before the rash showed up so there's no way to know they have it. Nice, huh? That's one smart virus if you ask me.

Well, off to finish some things I didn't get to yesterday. Enjoy your day!

No comments: