Tuesday, February 3, 2009

what a great weekend

We had such a blast this weekend. Mom and I accomplished a lot! Poor mom, though. She doesn't like seam ripping or ironing and guess what she got stuck doing? The facility was nice and we were able to sew, shop, and eat. What more can you want from a weekend? Here are some of our accomplishments from this weekend.

This will be a baby quilt for a friend. I happened to pick up the green prints at JoAnn's as fat quarters for $.50! We had bought the pink for another project and I won the blue fat quarter as a doorprize this weekend. It was like it was meant to be! I was able to make two quilt tops out of this pattern.
Our goal this weekend was to complete a quilt. Check that; we did! We finished this baby quilt. Mom did the sewing around the hearts (I try to avoid all curve sewing; straight stitch only, with a little dabble in zig zag). I just love the way it came out. Although I have been doing a lot of hand quilting, Mom thought we should just tie it and leave it fluffy. She was right. It turned out really cute. (I don't think I'm too eager to work with directional fabric again anytime soon, though!)

In addition to these, I worked on some more hand quilting (I have 3 tops (babysize) in the works) and I received a photo mug as a doorprize. I had seen on someone's blog about making it a quilt mug instead of putting photos in there. So I did that this weekend, as well. A very successful, relaxing, and fun weekend for sure.
Mom flew out yesterday to go home. I wish she could have stayed longer, but I'm sure she was ready to go home and Dad was probably ready for her to be back. T seemed to have a good weekend with the kids. Only a few phone calls to check on things, but nothing major.
Back to work this week. I'm subbing Thurs & Fri, T has games this week, the girls have cheer camp this weekend, and our church sausage feed is Wed. Eek! Good thing I relaxed last weekend ;-)
Enjoy your day!

No comments: