Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's Done!

I haven't heard if this baby has come yet, but she was due any day. I'm kind of hoping that I managed to actually get a quilt done BEFORE the bundle of joy arrived. (I'm already behind on two!)

This quilt has the same material as the quilt I posted yesterday. The center block from yesterday's post is the same as these blocks. (It made 10 blocks, but I couldn't make 10 blocks fit in a baby quilt, so I was going to use the one for the back. However, the back got too fancy I decided and ended up turning it into a front. That's the quilt I posted yesterday.)



I love the stack & cut method that I used on this. I am not good with random. I like things to be orderly (except when it comes to my house & cleaning, ;-)) and every time I try to do a random quilt, it doesn't end up so random. This method makes random easy.
You can see I actually hand stippled this quilt really tight. It took me a while to do it, but when I pulled it out of the dryer, it was sooooo worth it. It looks old and loved, but it's brand new and really really soft. I know my friend will like it because she loves stippling.

It ended up measuring 32X32 (a little small) but I think for a baby quilt it will be just fine. My girls have turned their baby quilts into doll quilts eventually. That way even though they are too big for them, they still can use them. Plus small is fast! (I incorrectly said yesterday's quilt was 36X36, but it was really 31X31.)
Yesterday was so bright and sunny (although it was a bit cold when you actually got outside). Today is cloudy and bright (if that's possible). It's not dark and gloomy out, but with the cloudy sky it's not sunny. Oh for spring to come soon!
Well, I'm off to make cookies before the kids come home. It's not an everyday thing, but occasionally a hot baked choc chip cookie tastes just divine!
Enjoy your day!

No comments: