Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Weekend Again

This week has been relatively quiet. I did work a day and we've had a sick kids (AD came down with a bug that has been going around school). AJ and her missed a birthday party they had been looking forward to all week. Such is life and it was a bummer for all of us. AT also has come down with a yucky nose and T's still fighting a cold he's had since Xmas break. Ah, yes, it's January, can you tell?

We survived chaperoning (sp?) the Sadie Hawkins Dance last weekend. There weren't very many kids there, although, we did have slick roads that night. In fact, one kid rolled his car and he was supposed to be coming to the dance. He was okay, thank goodness, but the roads were blamed for low attendance. It's been awhile since I've been to a dance, let alone a high school dance (for good reason). Someone requested Michael Jackson's song "Billie Jean" and one of the kids came up and asked T & I if we could show them how to dance to it since it was so old! Geez; we're not THAT old! Needless to say the dance started clearing out after that. (And it was a kid that requested the song, not any of the chaperones!) Don't know if I'd sign up for that job again. It was a lot of standing around doing nothing until late. (And while I'm a late person, doing nothing makes it hard to stay awake!)

Our Crafter's Retreat is coming up in a week! Can't wait. I'm trying to finish hand quilting two baby quilts so that my sewing machine is free for next weekend. I pick up Mom next Tues and then it's just getting ready for what we want to work on.

AJ starts basketball tomorrow. She has 3 Saturdays of practice/games and then it's Cheer Camp after that. (AD is too young for basketball, but will be doing Cheer Camp as well.) Busy, busy children. They only have a half day today due to the end of the semester. Basketball game tonight so we may wander up and watch. Supposed to be a good game between two unbeatens in league.

I finished my class this week!!! Only been working on it for a year! Nothing like waiting to the last minute to get it done. Apparently my instructor said I passed (whew!) so that's good news.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: