Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Scoundrels

I forgot to mention our run-in with some rascally robbers while we were at the beach.  We had left our cooler sitting out on the front porch next to everyone elses.  There was 5 candy bars, 5 Hershey bars, and a bag of chocolate chips in it.  I get up the next morning and the cooler was tipped over and the 5 Hershey bars were the only things left.  We had locked the rest of the food (non-refrigerated stuff) in the van that night as well.  However, when I went to get the chocolate Costco muffins out of the van in the morning, they were gone.  So I started looking through everything and the marshmallows were open with a couple bites out of them.  T's sunflower seeds were open, as well.  So I'm blaming Adam for the car issues and raccoons for the cooler, when I find a bag of chips ripped open on the back seat.  We had left our driver's side window open until about 9 pm and apparently the raccoons were attracted to what was in the car.  We found the bag from the muffins behind the garage ripped open.  Those darn raccoons had a blast with our food!  I sure hoped they had a tummy ache from all that chocolate.  The lesson learned from this story:  if you are going to think you are smart and put your food in the car, at least be smart enough to roll up the windows!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: