Thursday, August 19, 2010

The End is In Sight :-(

After a few whirlwind vacations, we came home to rest.  Ha ha ha!!  Not!  We ended up doing a yard sale on Sat.  We had a bunch of stuff that the kids had outgrown, we had quit using, and well, other stuff as well.  You know how yard sales go.  Once again, one of the hottest days to have one.  We did pretty good and it was fun visiting with family (who had come to sell) and friends (who had stopped by to shop).  After we finished, we had a BBQ with T's side.  We hadn't all been together since Christmas (the whole family that is) so the cousins were all having a blast together.  Today, (yes almost a week later), I finally packed up all the yard sale stuff and filed it away for the next one.  Feels good to get things cleaned up, especially with school starting here shortly.

Yesterday the girls and I headed to town and got some school clothes and supplies.  It took all day (not kidding), but they are ready to go.  T and I had some trainings to go to last Fri, Mon and Tues so we are starting to get back into the idea that sleeping in is about to return to weekends only (ha ha ha).  As teachers, we go back next Wed and the kids start on the 30th.  Not sure when AT heads to Preschool but I imagine it will be somewhere in the middle of Sept.  He returned to daycare this week and was thrilled to see some of his buddies.  He is going to love Preschool.

I have finished up 3 of my 5 semesters for my Master's.  Headed into the home stretch.  Four classes (8 weeks each) left!  I will start the countdown as soon as I start my next class.  Looking forward to having more time to work on it since most everyone will be in school.  Since I am trying to finish, I think this year I'm going to be a little choosier about when I sub.  (I say that, but I always feel guilty telling the sub caller or that particular teacher No.  If you are the sub caller or another teacher reading this, please do not use that guilty feeling I get against me!)

Guess I don't know too much else.  We are just trying to finish up some projects before school starts and we get too busy.  It's coming soon and while I am excited, I always miss the lazy days where we just kind of get up and do whatever we want.  I know schedules are good, but the lack of a schedule can sometimes be a nice thing.

Hope you enjoyed your summer!

No comments: