Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Images of Summer

As you can guess from the title of this post, I finally have gotten my pix uploaded.  So here goes:

The first set is from our State Babe Ruth trip.  The kids and I wandered into the city to the Aquarium.  I hate driving in big cities :-( but we survived.  AT would look at each exhibit for about 3 seconds and then run to the next one.  There were so many people there for a weekday I was scared I was going to lose either him or AD.  We tried to go watch the famous "flying" fish but the market was packed, the kids were tired, and no one was buying.  We saw only two and the kids were not that impressed.  Maybe next time.


It was a beautiful day on our last day.  You could see the mountain so clearly as we rode the ferry.

Can you guess where we are?

We came home for a week and then we were off to the amusement & water park with Gma & Gpa.  They brought their motor home and we tent camped (always my favorite).  It was a lot of fun and while two days was a lot, we did get to do everything we wanted to do.  I'm not sure that I would go on the roller coaster anytime in the near future.  It moved at speeds of 60 mph and that was not good.  Going through the tunnels, I thought I was going to hit my head (even though I wasn't).  The kids (and grandparents) played at the water park for a long time.  It was a lot of fun hanging out with Gma & Gpa and I would definitely camp again to go up there, but I don't know if I would stay for two days.  It was a lot of walking and AT was about done by the time we were to go home.
We got home Wed from camping, went to some appointments, washed some clothes, and packed our bags to leave Thurs morning for the west side again.  We have family who have a beach house over there and we went with T's brother, his family, and his in-laws.  The weather was beautiful on Fri and the kids and T went to the beach.  (I had to finish a paper for my class which was due on Sun.  Thank goodness for wireless!  I watched the sunny day from the confines of the beach house.  I did finish so I could enjoy Sat & Sun.)  Sat was rainy but we enjoyed visiting a few brave yard sales and the thrift shop.  Plus there is a great used book store there that we always visit.  I always come home with tons of books.  The guys had been crabbing so we had tons of crab to eat while were there and even brought some home.  It was so good!  Sun was a beautiful day so T and I took the kids and went to the beach.  We found a great little sandy beach and the kids had a little fun.  AT was dying to see the lighthouse so we went there as well.  He was a little disappointed because he couldn't go up in it. 

I love this pic of AD.  She was actually mad at us and went off to pout (a common occurence lately).  However, it looks like she's off admiring the view.  The land along the horizon in the distance is Canada!

Sun the kids went sea glass hunting and I had an hour or so by myself at the beach house.  I sat in the chair on the deck reading.  This was my view:

Well, now that we are totally vacationed out, we are glad to be home.  It has been a very busy summer between baseball, gymnastics, and life in general.  I'm glad I finally got it all caught up for the blog.  One more thing I can check off my to-do list.  Which I better go because that list is beckoning.

Enjoy your summer! (We did.)

No comments: