Thursday, September 16, 2010

Busy, Busy

Our town celebrated 100 years this past weekend at our annual Fall Festival.  We went to the Livestock show Thurs night and visited with friends.  Fri night was the football game and we enjoyed some time at that, too.  Sat morning was the parade and AT was able to ride in the kiddie parade this year with his daycare.  He was so excited.
After the kiddie parade, was the regular parade which was really long. It is neat to see how many floats and entrants there are every year.  The organizers did a great job and the weather was very cooperative.  We also went down to the art show, where this year I actually entered something!  I entered the three purses I displayed in earlier posts.  They didn't win anything, but I didn't really expect them to.  It was just a great feeling to say I had entered something, finally.

After the busy weekend, we headed into a busy week.  Gymnastics, Beta (yeah, so good to see everyone again after a summer off), and then work.  AT started Preschool today.  Just like the girls, he was able to get his pic taken in front of the frig.
We have the most amazing Preschool teachers and we feel so blessed to have them in our town.  (Especially me because there is not enough money in the world that could get me to teach that age for 5 hrs every day two days a week!  Give me junior high kids any day!)  He was so excited to go and see all his friends. I had to work today so Gpa took him down there:

And I met them down there for a few quick minutes to see his cubby:

And watch as he went and played with his friends and paid no attention to me even being there.  While I was fine and never choked up at Preschool, I have to say before I went down there I did.  I was telling my school kids I had to sneak away for a few minutes and someone else would be covering because my baby was going to his first day of Preschool and I started tearing up!  They all went "Awwww."  I just told them I was getting emotional because if AT is ready for school that means I have to go to work full-time now. ;-)  He came home with some drawings and all excited about what he got to do today.  Next week starts twice a week and I think he's ready. 

Enjoy your day!

No comments: