Wednesday, September 8, 2010

On a Roll

Okay, so today I didn't get called to work, but AT was headed to daycare and the girls were off to school.  So I spent the morning finishing my assignment, doing laundry, and getting prepped for supper.  I spent my afternoon making this:
No lie, this took me less than three hours (and that's with seam ripping at least once).  From cutting to finishing that's all the time I have invested in this project.  For those of you who know me, I am not a fancy person.  Simple is the best for me (especially when it comes to sewing).  This pattern was even easier than the previous ones I had made.  I like the fact it has pockets, too.  (By the way the straps are light green, but the picture makes them look a little yellow-ish.)  I just liked the idea of being able to start something and finish it.  I have had this fabric for probably over 8 years (don't ask to see my stash because it's so much bigger than a stash).  I really thought it would be adorable on a quilt, but if making bags uses up my stash faster, than so be it.  Don't ask me what I am going to do with these bags I keep making, but I'm sure there will be some birthdays, fundraiser auctions, etc. that they could go to and find a nice home.  Just remember I am no expert!  There are mistakes because nothing I make is perfect.  (There, now that I've gotten my disclaimer out of the way, I feel better.)  What a totally great day!

Enjoy YOUR day!

No comments: