Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope this finds all you Mothers out there enjoying your day!  My kids blessed me with lots of homemade (or schoolmade) cards and some flowers.  In fact, I had to crack up at AJ's poem in her card.  It read:
Lilacs are purple, daisies are white, you get mad when me and AD get in a fight.
Well at least my kid tells it like it is.  I received a Mother's ring for my bday/Mother's Day present from T & the kids.  My parents had given me a birthstone ring in high school (so we know it's old, right?) and since AD, T, and I all have a bday in that month, I wanted to add AT and AJ's stones to the other side.  This great little jewelry store in the TC said "No problem" and pretty much had it done the next day.  However, since I am always buying my own gifts, I did not look at it when I picked it up.  I let the girls and T see it but I waited to look at it until they gave it to me.  While they were not happy they couldn't pick it out, they were at least tickled to get to see it first.  It turned out beautiful and I am grateful that I have them to thank for it!  (I mean, I wouldn't have a mother's ring if I didn't have them, right?) ;-)

So after a wonderful breakfast buffet here in town, T took the kids fishing.  I'd like to say I did something enjoyable while they were gone, but sadly I procrastinated on my paper this week and that's what I have been doing for the last three hours.  On the bright side, I found an online music site and was able to listen to for free one of my favorite (but way too expensive to buy) CDs. 

Happy Mother's Day!
Enjoy your day!

No comments: