Friday, September 4, 2009

An Eventful Week

AD decided not only to lose one tooth, but she got off the bus on Wed with another tooth in her hand! She asked a friend ON THE BUS to reach in (with a paper towel) and yank out the other loose one. (And T thought I was mean for taking the first one out!) She is so proud of herself for having some missing teeth. While I think she had a good first week, I can tell homework is going to be her downfall. We already had a war one night about doing her homework and it's only the first week!

AJ received her library aide pass this week and has to go through training and then she can officially be a library aide. She was beside herself, showing the pass off to everyone. She has chosen to be in band and play the clarinet. As this was the instrument that I used to play, this could be interesting. She seems to have enjoyed her first week, but then again, she is her mother's daughter and loves school.

AT had to stay home with me for two days and between potty training and working outside . . . well, you saw the previous post. He hung out with Gpa for the last two days while I worked up at the junior high.

I also signed for my Master's this week. I'm going to be working on my Master's in Education with a Specialization in Integrating Technology in the Classroom. A colleague of mine said she really learned a lot from the program and highly recommended it, so I'm excited, but nervous. At least I can try and get it done before I go back to work full-time. (Only two more years and then AT is in Kinder, and AJ bumps up to the jr high! Scary thoughts!)

What else?
The kids and T survived their first day(s) of school. I got some major weeding done outside before the fall weather sets in. In fact, I watched a dust devil take my canopy (like you use at games) and try to somersault it across the backyard, with a wraparound stop around a power pole! Talk about heart racing. And tonight we are headed to the football game for a little while. The fresh air combined with the week we've had should make for some sleepy kids tonight (and a mom!)

Enjoy your day!

No comments: