Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st Day of School 2009

Well it's the first day of school! I have a 5th grader and a 1st grader. (I'll let you figure out which one is going where since some days I'm not even sure!) They are both pretty excited.

It's been a tradition since AJ started kinder that we always take their first day of school picture in front of the frig. It's the only way to give a true estimate of how tall they've gotten since last year. When we compared last year's pix to this year's, both girls look like they've maybe grown 2 inches or so. (That's an estimate of course.)

AJ (all right, the 5th grader)
Hard to believe it 's been 10 years already? AJ is going to do band this year (clarinet) and is all excited about being the library aide. She might as well be an aide because she's in the library every waking minute of the day that she's allowed to be. I have no idea where she gets it ;-)
AD (the first grader)
She is so excited that she can show everyone her missing tooth today. We went in yesterday and dropped off her school supplies and met her teacher. She is going to have a good year, but please pray for me that she doesn't end up in the principal's office! She just has that feistiness about her that worries me about repeat trips to that special office.
Hard to believe they grow up so fast. Two more years and AJ will be up at the junior high (where I'm teaching). I think Gma may have to hang around and teach her when she makes it up there. I'm not sure I'm ready for that!

I have to laugh, because as I'm typing, Jake (the dog) is standing by the door whining because the girls are waiting for the bus. AT keeps going up to him and hugging him and telling him it's going to be okay. Isn't that funny?

Hope you all had great first days!
Enjoy your day!

No comments: