Sunday, May 3, 2009

busy week

Three birthdays, two exciting baseball games, some shopping, and some yard work. AT turned 3 this week and T & I turned some number in our late 30's.

T's team had two games on Friday that were really good. Blew the first game wide open and won it, but the second game was a nailbiter. Went into the 8th inning tied and one of the seniors steps up and hammers a ball that went sky high and halfway up the concrete bleachers in right center. Everyone was jumping off the bleachers and cheering. What a way to finish!

I had the best birthday. T took the kids (all three of them) fishing yesterday and I had the whole morning to myself. I finished my quilting album and got all the scraps matched up to the pictures so I could finally throw away little itty bitty pieces of fabric. By my count, I've done over 40 different quilting projects since 2001 when I first started quilting. Not bad, considering I took a few years off. However, after cleaning my sewing/guest room up, I realized I needed to get sewing again to diminish my stash! (As long as my husband never figures it out, I'm good.) I also started sorting my scraps by size. I definitely need to make some scrap quilts.

After they returned from fishing, Gma & Gpa offerred (two r's or one? I can never remember so my apologies to those spelling gurus!) to watch the kids so T and I could go out for dinner. We went to the TC and I was able to go to 4 different stores and leisurely look at everything. No rushing, no hurrying, no "AT get back here and don't get into that stuff!" It was awesome! Then T and I went to Applebee's for dinner and home again. Whew! What a day! It was the best. Thank you for Grandparents!

Then today was T's birthday, however, he didn't have as exciting of a birthday as me. We worked some more on front yard area. Weed wacking (haven't used one of those in a while and I sure could feel it! My arms were still vibrating hours after I had stopped) and dragging the front area. It's looking good and if we can smooth it out a little bit more, we can get some grass seed planted and some trees for a wind break. T's brother and nephew showed up and they all went to look at the puppies. We had a great BBQ complete with potato salad and baked beans and blackberry pie and brownies for dessert. I think he was plenty happy.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: