Monday, March 9, 2009

Good to be done!

This little gem is finished. It's hard to tell but the print has frogs on it (don't ask, I just had them and they were green). It's for a friend of mine who just had a little boy and is very Irish (hence the green). Technically the pattern (if made smaller) would be an Irish Chain, but I had all these 4" frog squares and they just worked. Thankfully (for her), the two models do not go with the quilt! (As you can see, it was a jammie day for AT.)


The back got really bunchy. It did shrink up a little bit in the wash, but not as much as I would have liked it to. I think after having done hand stippling and hand templates, I prefer the stippling. I love the feel of it when it's washed and dried. Plus it seems to hold it together so much better. (You also don't have to worry about your mistakes being off, like they were A LOT on this one.)

Because my friend is Irish, I went ahead and stitched shamrocks into the white & frog pieces on the quilt. That wasn't so bad. However, when I went to do the squares around them, let's just say they aren't very square. ;-(

This quilt was 33X33". I'll have more pix & notes later because the other quilt I just finished is in the dryer as I write.
In other news, it snowed today. I bet baseball practice was a whole lot of fun!
Enjoy your day!

No comments: