Monday, December 8, 2008

Santa

AT & Santa
AD & Santa
Last week we took the kids to Santa & Mrs. Claus. They were brave enough to even sit by themselves with Santa. (I think AJ felt she was too old to sit by herself.)

Well, as you can see I finished the ragged squares quilt (although I can't say they are ragged enough). I decided to use reds, greens, & gold to make it Christmas colors. However, I did not use Christmas fabrics so that it could be left out all year long. It measures 40"X40."

It would look perfect in my living room, but it's for a gift exchange that us ladies are doing. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll win it back!

Because of the three pieces of fabric being stacked on top of one another, it's not exactly light. So I cheated a little bit and didn't add any batting. It still is a decent weight and if someone wanted to use it as a table decoration or something, it would be okay. So because I didn't put any batting in it, I have to wonder: is it a quilt or just a blanket?

Special thanks to Crazy Mom Quilts (http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/) for her tutorial on how to make this quilt. I loved her pattern and it was so easy to do. Check out her blog for the Ragged Squares Quilt.

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

that's cute! it looks great in christmas colors.