Monday, December 13, 2010

My oh My, It's Been Awhile . . .

Yes, sadly it's been a long time since I had last written.  October found us finishing up with sick kids, (mainly AT), a lovely memorial service for T's Gma, and Halloween.  (Which is sadly the last pictures I have posted.)  November was a busy month and I could not believe how fast it flew by.  We had sick kids every other week throughout November, including when we were getting ready to go to my folks' for Thanksgiving.  My Gma flew out from MN and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving/Christmas time.  The kids were able to open presents at the same time.  (I just hope they remember they already opened a bunch!)  Had a great time visiting, playing in the snow, riding a snowmobile.  Glad to remember I haven't forgotten how to ride one and so did my Gma.


It was sad to go home but the roads were really yucky.  It took us twice as long to go over the mountain pass on the way home.  This is what we saw:
Bumper to bumper traffic on ice as far as the eye could see.  I love snow, I love winter, but I hate driving in it.  Especially when semi's are locking up next to you and you are just waiting for them to slide into your side. 

We made it home fine and then had AT's Preschool Thanksgiving party.  (We had some snow days that cancelled all chance of having it before Thanksgiving.)  Our PS teachers do a phenomenal job with the kids and they are so cute.


As you can see, AT is now wearing glasses.  We found out that he has the same eyes as AJ:  farsighted and possible lazy eye developing.  He has been a trooper wearing them and it takes some getting used to.  T was so funny when we were ordering them because the sales guy holds up a pair and says "These are the most durable" and T went "Sold!"  AT is so busy, but he has been really good with them.

December came in with snow and right now is snowless.  All our snow has melted in the last two days of 40-50 degree temps.  AJ won the spelling bee for her class and competed in the District one last Wed.  I wish I could have gotten a better picture of her, but she was facing the judges.

This week starts our Winterfest. The girls were able to go and decorate Gingerbread houses on Sat. (AT was sick again!)
 
Well, I know there has been so much more that has happened in the last month or so since I wrote, but obviously these were the highlights.  Christmas Concerts coming up this week and then T and I probably need to get our Christmas shopping done (oops!). 

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I can relate to trying to play catch up as well. My last post was also from Halloween. As for Christmas shopping--maybe I'll see you in the Cities sometime this week. I need to start mine as well. :)