Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Almost Christmas!

Well the last time I posted was the first day of school. And now we are only 3 school days away from Christmas Break.  My how time has flown.  So what have we been up to?

AJ started junior high this year.  She is absolutely loving it!  I have never seen her so full of stories of her day and excited.  Volleyball started the first day of school, as well, so she was a little tired making the adjustment to junior high homework & 2 hr practices.  However, she survived (or rather WE all survived) and I think she'll be ready to tackle basketball here soon.  T will be her coach so that will be nice.

AD is the only child at the brand new elementary school.  I think she is enjoying that fact, but I know when her brother joins her next year, she will be helpful to him.  (It's just in her nature.)  She is loving 3rd grade and doing really well.  She starts tap dance in January and can't wait.  She did play soccer this year and really enjoyed it.  She also had a role in our elementary school's play this year.  She was a little sick (not sure if it was stage fright or viral) but managed to pull out the final performance.

AT is in two different preschool classes and doing really well with both.  He is always drawing inventions, building forts, and playing with his buddies (and aggravating his sisters!).  He is keeping a pretty busy schedule this year which is good because he should be ready for Kinder next year then.

T is still teaching math at the high school and was recently hired to be the head baseball coach.  It is something I know he will do well at and he is excited.  With AJ being in jr high softball, I am not sure how many of his games I will be able to make, but he knows we are always cheering him on!

I am still job-sharing with my MIL one day a week at the jr high and teaching at the local correctional facility as well.  Between that and running after the kids (of all ages!), I am keeping busy.  At the start of November, I had my gall bladder removed and while it cost me a couple of weeks of normalcy, I have felt great since then!  (Gave my mom a good reason to get off work and come up and visit/help.)  I have fallen behind in my quilting & reading, but hey, that's what Christmas break is for, right?

I wish for you all safe travels this holiday season and a great New Year in store for you.

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I didn't know you had surgery. I'm sorry that I didn't keep up on that. I'm glad you're feeling well now!